- Overall Purpose of The Job
The primary role of Head of Multi-Cloud is to support technology-enabled business strategies and operations to drive increased agility, scalability, and improve service quality of the Cloud team. The role is accountable for the development of processes to manage Cloud operations, assist in technical standards development, assist in architecture development, leadership, and employee development.
As a senior leadership position, this role is responsible for the hands-on Technology and Business services for operations and delivery of Cloud offerings. The role will collaborate with Engineering, Architecture, Application Development, Business partners, Corporate Systems, vendors/service providers, and various infrastructure and operations groups to create and support an operational environment for new and existing services supported by Cloud Infrastructure.
The right candidate earns trust through outstanding performance, effective communication skills, and a strong record of delivering results timely and effectively. You should have experience managing complex programs. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen, IT operations experience, and a deep analytical background. Strong judgment and a demonstrated ability to influence without explicit authority are key to success.
- Key Responsibilities
The scope of responsibilities Includes the following
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of managing Cloud Services and including software deployment and upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration and change management, service desk, security management and monitoring, capacity planning, availability management, disaster recovery and routine update of services
- Ensures timely liaison with vendors regarding problems, fixes, and required enhancements
- Creates and maintains strategies related to Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Services (AWS, Azure and Google) throughout the enterprise ensuring all performance and cost curves are closely managed
- Drives the adoption, and articulate the risks/opportunities from leveraging Cloud Infrastructure
- Analyze the cloud infrastructure and provide financial updates and optimization recommendations
- Create metrics, reports, and recommended remediation options and plans for financial excellence in the cloud
- Oversees and directs the timely evaluation, qualification, and implementation of new software products, tools, and related appliances as it pertains to the Cloud environment
- Experience supporting DevOps automation teams using tools such as Chef, Knife, Jenkins, Open stack Heat(HOT)
- 3rd party Cloud and CDN Provider Experience: AWS, Azure, Akamai, Rackspace, and/or IBM-SoftLayer
- Working with large scale networks, compute and storage architectures and assisting Tech Infra & Ops team and other Solution Architects devise best practices.
- Facilitate teams to critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality, and simplification.
- Develop and implement process solutions to improve operational efficiency.
- Job Profile
Required Skills and Knowledge
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on public Cloud AWS
- Strong Experience and working Knowledge working in AWS Cloud Environment such as VPC, Direct Connect, IAM, S3, EC2, EKS, Tagging, Cloud Monitoring, Config, CloudTrail, Lambda, ECS, CDN, Route53, Storage Gateway etc.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy business/ customer solutions to the cloud
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of progressive technology implementation and operational experience
- Deep knowledge of information technology infrastructure domains such as compute server platforms, storage server platforms, server components, network devices, technologies and architectures, IT service delivery principles and best practices
- Outstanding customer relationship management, operations, delivery experience and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Consulting practice leadership
- Deep understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing operations and transition
- Enterprise architecture successes including virtualization technologies & distributed architecture
- Familiarity with archive, disaster recovery and business continuity in global operations
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
- Experience with open-source technology-based infrastructure and deployment orchestration solutions, e.g., OpenStack, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, etc.
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization and outside with third parties
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to be personable and tenacious as the situations requires
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization. Excellent active listening skills.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills. Strong analytic and decision-making abilities.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment
- Integrity & Self Development (live up to commitments; seek feedback to enhance performance; deal constructively with own mistakes).
- User/customer focused
- Able to coach and mentor direct team members and extended team members
Required Qualifications (Brief description of the educational background needed to perform the job)
- Degree in IT or equivalent
- Professional certifications such as
- Cloud certification (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Agile / DevOps
- Technical certification